Experts agree that learning through play in preschool is one of the most important ways that children learn and prepare for life, as well as being a crucial activity for igniting and stimulating a love of learning. Our Preschool educators believe:
- Learning through play in preschool is important because it builds strong attachments with family, staff and other children.
- It also helps children to develop a sense of self and sense of belonging.
- Learning through play allows children to use their creativity while developing their imagination, dexterity, physical, social, emotional, sensory, cognitive and multicultural strengths.
- Learning through play allows children to create and explore a world they can master, conquering fears while practicing adult roles, sometimes in conjunction with other children and adults.
- Children practice decision-making processes, move at their own pace, discover their own areas of interest and ultimately engage fully in the passions they wish to pursue.
Preschool Rest Times recharge their batteries
Your child is supported to go to sleep or rest unaided by educators to encourage independence. If your child does not require a rest or sleep during their day, they will have alternative quiet time and learning experiences set up and offered to them.
Group Times promote independence
Group times are scheduled into the daily rituals and consist of one or more of the following: music, dance, storytelling, puppets and show and tell to name a few. Your child will be encouraged to contribute to the agenda of any planned group time, promoting leadership skills and confidence. Feel at peace knowing your child will not be forced to join in with group times but will always be invited.
Morningside Preschool children will be provided the opportunity to serve themselves their portion of the meal. Educators sit at the table alongside children to support this social experience. Conversation is encouraged and shared experiences are discussed.
Creative play is what our Morningside Preschool children do when they’re just being children. We encourage and invite children to engage in a selection of art resources, colours, utensils and mediums each day. They have access to these at all times to express themselves and explore their surroundings hands-on. Our educators understand that developing a love of the creative process will set your child up as a creative thinker in all walks of life.
Exploratory Times & Learning through Play
Each day our Preschool children are given uninterrupted time for play and interaction. Children at Puss in Boots freely explore our outdoor areas and gardens, interacting with nature, each other and the world around them. Children use their five senses to explore which is crucial to brain development.
A Seamless Transition
Feel confident with your preschool child being in the safest of hands – the hands of those who deeply care about your child’s well-being, happiness and natural learning. Know each day that your child is learning and growing in a peaceful, holistic environment supported by warm and caring educators. We also open our doors if you wish to visit during the day.
Our Preschool educators incorporate daily rituals such as meal times, toileting, and rest and group time into their programming. The most important practice being that rituals throughout the day are calm, unrushed and respectful for all children. Educators embrace the individuality of each child within their care.
Communication with parents and families is especially important when it comes to Preschool children. We are always open to learning more about your child’s needs and desires, along with any feedback you have about our Morningside child care centre.